What is important when buying a 3D printer?
When purchasing a 3D printer, there are several crucial factors to consider to ensure the printer will meet your needs and requirements. Here are some important points to consider:
- Printing Technology: There are various 3D printing technologies such as Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM), Stereolithography (SLA), Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), etc. Each technology has its advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to choose the one that suits your specific best suits the application.
- Print size: The maximum size of the printer determines how big the objects can be that you can print. Make sure the printer has enough space to produce the objects you want.
- Printing accuracy and layer thickness: The printing accuracy is given in microns and affects the quality of the printed objects. The smaller the layer thickness, the smoother and more detailed the printouts will be.
- Material compatibility: Check which materials the 3D printer can process. Some printers are more versatile and can print on different plastics, resins or even metals.
- Ease of use: Pay attention to the usability of the printer. A user-friendly 3D printer is particularly beneficial for beginners.
- Software and Connectivity: Check what software the 3D printer uses and how easy it is to import and edit models. A good connectivity option such as USB, SD card or WiFi makes it easy to transfer print jobs.
- Print speed: Print speed varies by model and technology. Faster printers save time but can sometimes sacrifice print quality.
- Customer support and spare parts: Check for the manufacturer's customer support and the availability of spare parts. In the event of a problem, it is important that you have support and that spare parts are readily available.
- Value for money: Compare the different models and see which printer offers the best value for money and fits your budget.
- Ratings and testimonials: Read customer ratings and testimonials from other users to learn more about the printer's actual performance and reliability.
These aspects should help you choose a 3D printer that best suits your needs and gives you high-quality and reliable print results.